Salary exec package
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 10 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A blue chip household retail brand is recruiting a Merchandise Manager to join their management team in the Worcestershire area.
The Merchandise Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the Merchandise Planning team through providing clear goals, feedback and the tools, training and development to perform at a high standard, continuously growing performance and delivering high levels of reported Engagement.
- Support Sales delivery of sales and margin budgets.
- Set and deliver target availability levels across Retail and Digital customer offers and fulfillment points.
- Set Annual Stock budgets and manage the business Open To Buy. Improve sales and stock related cash flow through improving stock turn and Gross Margin Return on Investment.
- Measure and continuously improve Forecast accuracy.
- Influence the commercial agenda to improve supply chain performance and business profit.
- Ensure Seasons and Promotions are effectively planned, communicated and executed, with appropriate value maximizing clearance plans in place for all product exits.
- Ensure the physical flow of products is effectively planned with Distribution.
- Contribute to the Supply strategy and be a key player in delivering a number of the projects that underpin it and well as day-to-day management of ongoing activity. Support High profile Cross functional business projects, representing the Supply chain.
The ideal Merchandise Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- The role holder should have held a senior stock control, merchandising or category manger type role, preferably in a retail environment, successfully building and leading a high profile team.
- Worked for retailers with recognised expertise in stock management, have an awareness and experience of using of modern, high functionality stock control planning and execution tools. Experience of SAP, SAP BW, Excel and TXT AF&R beneficial.
- Highly numerate and data insight driven individual with strong analytical skills and data handling ability. High Excel capability.
- Experience of working with suppliers with products on short and long lead times, some with very high seasonality, short lifecycle or high cube characteristics.
- The role holder will also have experience of direct importing and supporting direct channels.
- Extensive understanding of Supply Chain & Merchandising techniques and practices.
- Far East and near shore sourcing experience.
- Experience of developing and delivering successful change project