Purchasing Manager FTC
Salary £38,000 - £42,000 per annum
Consultant Lee Carey
Date posted 06 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An excellent opportunity has arisen for my client who are looking for a Purchasing Manager on a FTC based at their Head Office in South Manchester
Main Purpose of Role
The role will report to the Procurement Director and manage a dedicated team of staff working to provide the internal customer with a professional procurement service including commercial advice and support. Negotiate and award contracts at all levels of spend with suppliers so as to protect the business from risk, ensuring they deliver value for money, quality and compliance
Duties to include
Ensure that the company has appropriate contractual arrangements in place for as many products and services as possible. All contracts will have negotiated terms and conditions, which will cover issues including risk etc.
- Working with cross-functional teams to ensure contracts deliver successfully against contractually agreed targets, SLA and KPI’s and drive continuous improvement through the supply chain by undertaking documented contract reviews with suppliers.
- Ensure all contracts fully meet the requirements of the specification and are in accordance with customer specifications, latest safety legislation & quality requirements.
- Lead and set-up formal negotiation processes to secure the most economically advantageous commercial deals
- Development and analysis of the supply chain including emerging markets in the UK and overseas in order to gain maximum benefit with regards to cost, quality, performance and service delivery/standards.
- Develop, recommend and implement contract management strategies for internal customers in order to initiate world-class procurement techniques. Ensure that Purchasing transactions are made in the most cost effective way throughout the company.
Demonstrable experience in a management position responsible for purchasing and contracts management.
- Excellent negotiation skills with a proven track record of delivering results.
- Good analytical skills with an ability to critically evaluate proposals.
- Ability to be able to develop the UK Bus contracts database and ensure we meet all Audited requirements.
- Experience of procuring goods and or services within an Engineering/Transport based environment is preferential/advantageous.
- CIPS Qualification Level 4 minimum
If you are interested in the role click to apply or contact Lee Carey for further information