Category Manager - Marketing and Professional Services
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Daniel Petty
Date posted 02 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
I am currently working with one of the biggest names in global sport and they are looking for a Category Manager - Marketing/Professional Services. This is a newly created role within a procurement team that is going from strength to strength. The ideal candidate will have comepleted their CIPS qualification or be nearing the end.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the relationship with internal stakeholders through regular and close working relationships to provide a valuable commercial service;
- Identify and deliver sourcing opportunities within your category through insight and analysis of the category including; analysis of procurement spend & supply base to ensure best fit suppliers; supplier & marketplace research; regular interaction with Group Managers and Finance in prioritising the opportunities for the short, medium and long term.
- Collaborate with business leads to ensure best deal has been achieved through taking responsibility in commercial and contractual negotiations with external suppliers
- Running the end to end Procurement Cycle including the preparation of pre tender, tender documents, tender execution and contract award;
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure best value for the Group with robust terms & conditions that manages the Group’s risk appropriately and are in alignment with business needs
- Support the business in drafting specifications and ensure the final product is clear, unambiguous and meaningful to the marketplace
- Own the verification process of all Purchase Order Requisition’s (POR) within your category and ensure that the businesses are compliant in their requests.
- Continuously improve team processes (and lead on initiatives when required) that will enhance efficiency within the team and / or drive best practice for the wider business;
- To undertake other duties within your capabilities as your manager may assign to you from time to time.
- To operate safely at all times in line with Company health and safety requirements.
- To complete all mandatory training within timescales provided.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Ability to draft and negotiate contracts to meet business objectives.
- Category management track record (proven is preferred) within an organisation that may operate within strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication with strong written and presentation skills
- Experience of generating fact based insights through analysis using tools and techniques to provide strategic direction.
- Ability to influence and drive behavioural change both internally and with the supply chain.
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Working knowledge of P2P systems
- To be self-motivated, work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Minimum of 5 years procurement experience at a senior level position within a demanding environment
- MCIPS qualified desirable; as a minimum, must be working towards MCIPS.