Head of Procurement - Europe
Salary Excellent package on offer
Consultant Lee Carey
Date posted 08 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
PZ Cussons, a market leading FMCG manufacturer, are recruiting for a Head of Procurement - Europe based at their Head Office near Manchester Airport. The Head of Procurement - Europe will develop and lead the procurement strategy of all third-party manufacturing and indirect spend and lead a Procurement team ensuring a "best in class" purchasing function.
PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world's best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, they operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Their world-class supply chain and distribution networks enables them to meet the global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives. Their brands range from Imperial Leather to Cussons Baby, Original Source, Morning Fresh to St.Tropez.
The Head of Procurement - Europe will develop and lead the procurement strategy of all third-party manufacturing and indirect spend and lead a Procurement team ensuring a "best in class" purchasing function.
Head of Procurement - Europe key role responsibilities:
- Developing and implement sourcing and procurement strategies across third party manufacturing and indirect categories.
- Driving procurement best practice' across 3rd party and indirect spend category.
- Working with Purchasing Managers and Buyers to develop, shape and implement "best in class" category sourcing plans in line with business objectives.
- Managing the risks of different markets when sourcing various products and the impact on the business.
- Working closely with NPD to source the most appropriate suppliers around the world
- Managing supplier performance, identifying and assessing potential new suppliers as well as building long term supplier relationships.
- Negotiating with suppliers, improving the trading position in a sustainable way
Head of Procurement - Europe key role requirements:
- MCIPS and ideally degree qualified.
- At least 7 years leadership experience from a senior purchasing position with a track record of delivering results and cultural change.
- An appreciation of the demands of working in a Global Matrix FMCG organisation.The ability to lead change with a positive and engaging approach with an enjoyment of identifying and developing talent.
- Gravitas and personal credibility to interact at a senior level in a successful PLC environment.
- Proficient in SAP at a high level.
- Motivated to achieve performance and results through energy and drive.
- The ability to motivate and guide others to achieve set objectives by gaining commitment and providing direction and recognition.
- Working cross functionally and with stakeholders to deliver common objectives.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing, sharing information with confidence, enthusiasm and with an impact that promotes understanding.
This is an excellent opportunity within a dynamic, progressive and innovative FMCG business and this role offers excellent career opportunities.
To apply for this role please click apply or email Lee Carey at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
All third-party applicants will be forwarded to Robert Walters.