Category Manager - FM
Salary £60000 - £70000 per annum
Consultant Natalie Cottier
Date posted 18 May 2017
A new and exciting Procurement Category Manager - FM/Store Development/Kitchens and Restaurants role has just become available with Harrods based in London. Reporting directly to the Head of Procurement this role offers career progression for a Procurement Category Manager - FM/Store Development/Kitchens and Restaurants with strong stakeholder management.
As the Procurement Category Manager - FM/Store Development/Kitchens and Restaurants you will support the Head of Procurement to deliver all key projects and departmental targets. The indirect category procurement professional will manage a UK based multi million pound spend. The role involves an extensive level of stakeholder and key supplier management.
Key Responsibilities of the Category Manager - FM include:
- Implementation of strategic category management plans to deliver security of supply, quality, service and cost benefits
- Support the procurement function in different spend categories when required
- Responsible for the identification and delivery of benefits from tactical activity with suppliers, including specification, reviews, RFPs, eAuctions and price negotiation
- Responsible for ensuring that an approved legal contract is in place for each significant supplier and added to the contract database
- Responsible for supplier relationship management
- Active management of key internal stakeholders to ensure that business requirements are met and short term issues are resolved
- Ensure compliance with all procurement policies and procedures.
- To develop category and sub category strategies reflecting external market conditions to support the strategic direction of the business
- Develop effective relationships with key internal customers too increase their awareness of procurement and support for procurement initiatives
- Support the Head of Procurement in developing individuals, team strategy and the delivery of business targets
- Negotiate the price, quantity and commercial terms with indirect suppliers
- Delivery of savings budget target for capex and opex, for categories which you are responsible for
- To analyse RFIs and RFPs and to present results and recommendations to internal stakeholders and or project groups
- To lead and direct internal stakeholders through the procurement process, change management, supplier reporting and opportunity identification and realisation
- To ensure all projects are managed via the bravo procurement system.
Experience and skills:
- Good PC literacy (word, excel and preferably SAP
- Experience with Bravo would be beneficial
- Strong customer service and focus when dealing with internal and external parties
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability and willingness to multi task
- Flexibility and readiness to adapt to changing priorities
- Exceptional negotiation, commercial and stakeholder engagement skills
- Great stakeholder management skills.
- Strong work ethic and unwavering commitment to Harrods Values
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience from multi site retail, facilities management, property management, property development, hospitality, or a construction background is necessary for this role
Apply for this exciting Category Manager - FM role today or email me on email@example.com to find out more.
If you are career focused and have the necessary experience, this Category Manager - FM/Store Development/Kitchens and Restaurants role is for you.