IT Sourcing Manager
Salary £60000 - £75000 per annum
Consultant Stuart McKay
Date posted 27 February 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Sourcing Manager to join the procurement function of one of a Global Investment Bank. The Bank is looking for a Sourcing Manager with financial services experience to help manage the Software and IT Services category within EMEA and APAC.
As a Sourcing Manager, you are able to negotiate complex contracts from end to end. You will perform market research to obtain market knowledge, use your experience to develop negotiation strategies and you will possess the skills required to refine and detail requirements documents.
IT Sourcing Manager Responsibilities:
- Negotiation of contracts in accordance with best practices, assists the business owner in creating a SOW/SLA, providing clarity and addressing all LOB requirements, and facilitates the collection of additional data from vendor managers as required to support business needs
- Exercising good legal judgement in determining the terms and conditions that are in Bank’s best interests
- Running the full RFX process
- Performing effective cost price analysis on complex proposals and be able to effectively communicate inconsistencies to the bidders
- Manage multiple sourcing events concurrently
- Communicating concepts and ideas both verbally and in written form
- Acting as a valued advisor, exhibiting respect and professionalism to Business Units and affected support partners.
- Is a tenacious proponent of minimising risk, attaining best value (cost saves) and providing complete solutions. Entrusted with completing the deal within the agreed timeframe, and streamlining the process
- Interacting with Senior Management teams throughout the organisation
- 5+ years Sourcing Experience within a Technology Category
- Previous experience, ideally within the Financial Services Industry
- Self starter, with capability of working autonomously across multiple procurement projects is essential
- Have a recognised diploma and/or working towards a full professional qualification such as CIPS
- Sound commercial awareness and good analytical and research skills
- Strategic approach to sourcing
- Experience with ERP systems, spreadsheets, presentations and project management
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Proactive, conscientious and high level of attention to detail
Apply now for this exciting IT Sourcing Manager role or contact me directly for more information.