Salary £45000 - £65000 per annum
Consultant Stuart McKay
Date posted 27 February 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Vendor Manager/ Supplier Relationship Manager to join a Global Investment Bank. They are looking for a candidate with at least 3 years experience in a vendor management role preferably within Financial Services.
This bank are looking to add a generalist Vendor Management professional to their function who will be responsible for between 20 and 30 suppliers across multiple categories, of which 4 or 5 will be critical strategic suppliers. They are looking to add someone who as well as having a generalist SRM background has also had specific exposure to managing IT suppliers.
- Implement and manage appropriate supplier governance structures including supplier reviews in accordance with the banks Supplier Management Standard
- Review and analyse external trends and influences to support the development of supplier strategy with the category manager
- Drive the day to day performance of the supplier, analysing performance and continually reviewing service level appropriateness to ensure contracts are managed within cost, budget and service parameters
- Ensure service level agreements are achieved and Bank expectations are met/exceeded
- Manage 3rd party risk across the supplier/s and work with policy owners to mitigate the risks
- Work collaboratively to resolve any issues which fall within the terms of the contract. Escalate those that require commercial or legal support
- Develop relationships across the business users to better understand and deliver customer requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external business environment
- Produce Accountable Executive briefing packs and central reports
- Work with the Accountable Executive and Business Owner and Finance Business Partner to secure funding from Spend Wise Units
- Exceptional relationship management skills and a curiosity and commitment to understanding suppliers and their businesses
- Excellent manual reporting skills including advanced Excel data manipulation
- Experience using eProcurement tools
- Experience in Financial Services or another regulated industry is preferred
Apply now for this exciting Supplier Relationship Manager role or contact me for more information.