Salary £40000 - £50000 per annum + Package
Consultant Ryan Keane
Date posted 23 February 2017
An award-winning, multi-site food manufacturer, providing a wide range of products for all of the major retailers and foodservice providers are currently looking to recruit for a Buyer - Packaging. Due to a recent period of growth, the organisation are looking to take on a procurement professional who has experience in a Packaging or Raw Materials role for their site in the Bolton/Lancashire area/North West.
Reporting to the Procurement Director, the Buyer - Packaging will take ownership of a category spend and create and deliver cost savings opportunities. You will be charged with developing and implementing category sourcing strategies and to pro-actively develop new and existing supplier relationships. In return, you will be given lots of autonomy and be responsible for some large and major suppliers.
- Develop and execute procurement category – ownership of the Packaging Category is essential to business success
- Source from European & Global markets as appropriate for current and NPD products and provide market knowledge and insight for responsible categories.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management - building relationships (own and manage) with business stakeholders to build consensus and alignment for sourcing projects.
- Supplier Relationship Management - building relationships with strategic suppliers to deliver continuous improvement, cost savings and value creation and with non-strategic suppliers to ensure consistent, high-quality service.
- Timely input into the business’ annual and quarterly budgeting processes, including price forecasts and cost reduction projects.
- Ensure alignment with other category lead buyers and work collaboratively in order to drive scale and enable upstream value creation
- Degree educated, CIPS or relevant work experience
- Experience of managing complex co pack supply chains within FMCG
- Proven delivery of tangible benefits in quality, service, innovation and cost savings.
- Experience purchasing Commodities, Raw Materials, Packaging, some Indirect would be beneficial
- Negotiation skills, tendering and contracting
- Understanding and execution of Strategic Sourcing Plans
- Supplier performance management measurement and reporting
- Good team player.
- Track record of instigating and managing change
- 3+ years experience in a procurement function is essential
Offering a salary circa £40,000 - £50,000 with excellent additional package, this is an exciting opportunity for a developing procurement professional or Senior Buyer / Buyer - Packaging with an experience within Manufacturing & FMCG markets to work with a UK leading organisation within in its respective field, based in Bolton/Lancashire/North West.
Apply below or to find out more about Buyer - Packaging job contact Ryan Keane on +441612407484 / firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference 2578830 or apply online below.