Sourcing Manager Technology
Salary £65000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus and benefits
Consultant Stuart McKay
Date posted 20 February 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT sourcing professional to join the procurement function of one of the World's largest Investment Banks in London. The Bank is looking for an experienced Sourcing Manager to manage the Software and Banking Operations Category within the EMEA Technology Sourcing team.
As a Sourcing Manager, you are able to negotiate extremely complex acquisitions from the inception to completion. You will perform market research to obtain market knowledge, use experience to develop intricate negotiation strategies and assign roles and responsibilities to team members. You will possess the skills required to refine and detail requirements documents.
You will require little or no guidance from more senior members of the team and understand most issues relating to risk and how to mitigate it. You will demonstrate the ability to administer complex contractual activities from inception to completion.
- Negotiation of contracts in accordance with best practices, assists the business owner in creating a SOW/SLA, providing clarity and addressing all LOB requirements, and facilitates the collection of additional data from vendor managers as required to support business needs
- Accurately interpreting complex terminology used in constructing contractual documents
- Exercising good legal judgement in determining the terms and conditions that are in Bank’s best interests, assessing total impact of the contemplated agreement on the corporation
- Leading a team in the development of complex proposal documents and is proficient in the objective analysis of proposal responses, the identification on non-conforming items and the interview of potential service providers
- Structuring all elements of an RFP (technical, contractual, schedule and cost) in order to ensure that uniformed bids are received
- Performing effective cost price analysis on complex proposals and be able to effectively communicate inconsistencies with to the bidders
- Coordinating and leading complex sourcing event projects, will manage multiple events concurrently
- Communicating concepts and ideas both verbally and in written form, including, but not limited to, e-mails, narratives in Ariba, white papers and presentations
- Acting as a valued advisor, exhibiting respect and professionalism to LOBs and affected support partners. Is a tenacious proponent of minimising risk, attaining best value (cost saves) and providing complete solutions. Entrusted with completing the deal within the agreed timeframe, and streamlining the process
- Interacting with Senior Management teams throughout the organisation
- Significant sourcing experience, ideally within a Technology Category
- Previous experience, ideally within the Financial Services Industry
- Self starter, with capability of working autonomously across multiple procurement projects is essential
- Have a recognised diploma and/or working towards a full professional qualification such as CIPS
- Excellent working knowledge of UK law and relevant procurement legislation
- Sound commercial awareness and good analytical and research skills
- Comfortable with Sourcing systems (ideally Ariba) spreadsheets, presentations and project management
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Proactive, conscientious and high level of attention to detail
Apply now for this challenging and rewarding Sourcing Manager role or contact me for more information.