Procurement Operations Officer
Consultant Chris Miller
Date posted 30 November 2016
Reporting to the Head of Procurement Operations, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the Procurement Operating model envisaged for the business. The role will be based at the organisation's London office.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Procurement Operations, the Procurement Operations Officer will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the Procurement Operating model envisaged for the business. The role will be based at the organisation's London office.
Key responsibilities - Procurement Operations Officer
- Support the Head of Procurement Operations in implementing the Procurement Operating model for the business
- Support the implementation of a vendor consolidation programme working with the Category team and business to ensure this aligns with the overall business strategy
- Suggest areas where the implementation of procurement technology/transaction reduction, strategies (for example P-card, electronic invoicing, catalogues) would improve processes and deliver efficiencies
- Manage supplier contracts in line with policies and procedures to drive both value and compliance for the Company. Implementing Company terms wherever possible
- Ensure close working relationship with key areas of the business such as requisitioners, Accounts Payable and Finance Operations
Experience & skills - Procurement Operations Officer
- Knowledge of integrated computer based procurement systems (SAP/ERP)
- Management of end to end RFP/ERP systems and processes, contract award and supplier management methodologies
- Strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Familiar with standard/simple contractual frameworks
- Educated to degree level
- CIPS or working towards
- Experience working in a complex global or multisite FTSE100/FTSE250
- Prior experience implementing business process excellence or Six Sigma methodology into an operational environment
About the organisation
The organisation is a dynamic leading provider of global mobile telecommunications services.
To apply for this outstanding role please send your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply below.