Raw Materials Buyer
Salary £30000 - £40000 per annum
Consultant Ryan Keane
Date posted 24 November 2016
A leading Food Manufacturing organisation are currently looking to recruit for a Raw Materials Buyer, based at their site in the Lancashire / North West area. Offering a generous package/salary for a well established procurement professional this really is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong Raw Materials, FMCG or Manufacturing background, looking to further their career within the Procurement industry.
- Acting as the technical lead / consultancy for certain categories within the Raw Materials, FMCG or Manufacturing industries
- Liaising with key internal & external stakeholders, in order to maximise organisational efficiency
- Developing and maintaining Client relationships within a FMCG environment and promoting best practice approach and capabilities
- Supporting the review and achievement of financial objectives of the procurement department
- Strong level of autonomy with regards to the Procurement life cycle including budgets, negotiations, supplier agreements etc.
- Work alongside the NPI/NPD departments to ensure all business initiatives are met
- Responsibility for cradle to grave sourcing process associated with the procurement of goods and services and working in conjunction with the organisations procurement aims
- Degree educated, CIPS or relevant work experience
- Experience within a FMCG, Raw Materials or Manufacturing background is essential
- At least 2 - 5 years experience within a Raw Materials Buyer / Senior Buyer role is essential (This level of experience is intended as a guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role)
- Strong supplier / stakeholder management is a highly sought after trait backed by a strong professional knowledge within a procurement environment
- Working within an Manufacturing / FMCG/ Food & Beverages organisation is highly desired
- Experience adhering to SLA’s / KPI’s across various areas of the organisation would be an advantage
Offering a salary between £30,000 to £40,000 this is an excellent opportunity for a Raw Materials Buyer / Senior Buyer to work with a global leading Food / Manufacturing organisation based in the Lancashire / North West area. The organisation offers great opportunities for progression & development.
Apply below or to find out more about the Raw Materials Buyer role in the Lancashire / North West area, contact Ryan Keane on Ryan.Keane@robertwalters.com or call +44 (0)1612407484 quoting the reference 2539050