IT Category Manager
Salary £50000 - £60000 per annum + excellent benefits
Consultant Lee Carey
Date posted 09 November 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a IT Category Manager for a financial Services company based in Coventry.
Main Purpose of the IT Category Manager role:
The IT Category Manager will be responsible for managing all procurement contracts within the IT category to ensure the delivery of savings, balancing this against risk and customer service levels.
Duties to include:
- Delivery of category management procurement expertise and assistance to the society’s IT function for all their procurement needs
- Manage commercial negotiations with relevant suppliers and liaise with legal to ensure favourable commercial terms which mitigate business risk
- Benchmarking and negotiation of existing 3rd party supply contracts
- Ensuring optimum market pricing is achieved, offering solutions where switching to more cost effective providers are required and appropriate
- Support IT function with annual budget reporting, building strong stakeholder relationships
- Define, train and implement new processes enforcing best practice procurement
- Ability to manage complex stakeholder matrix
- Supplier relationship management – create governance, monitor and report performance, improve contracts where appropriate
- Experience in delivering large sourcing and indirect IT procurement projects with a reputable global firm
- Proven experience working with senior stakeholders
- Educated to degree level or equivalent including CIPS/MCIPS
If you are interested in the role, click to apply or contact Lee Carey at Robert Walters for further information.