Consultant Melanie Robinson
Date posted 25 October 2016
An excellent opportunity for a Procurement Manager to work on a 18 month initial engagement working on a large scale and pivotal project for a well-known airline Group based in London. You will be responsible for end-to-end tender processes for a large area of spend c.€300m. You will be experienced in a Senior Buyer / Procurement Manager role with a can-do, energetic and ambitious attitude.
A leading airline group is currently seeking a Procurement Manager who will report directly into the Category Lead to support in all the tender processes for a large and complex catering contract working alongside 3 other colleagues, split evenly across the account. This includes logistics, lounge catering, crockery, cutlery and warehousing.
- Full responsibility of tenders for contracts as well as supporting the Category Lead with any contract extensions required including drafting documentation
- Assist with due diligence data collection, administration and management for each tender and/or contract extension using templates and credit check tools
- Undertake compliance checks and provide technical summaries to assist the Group Procurement Manager for the selection process
- Actively participate and support in negotiations, services, packages and projects
- Plan, manage and report on the actions required by the Procurement team as well as track these actions highlighting risk, issues and resource requirements
- Support by producing agendas, progress reports and meeting minutes (if required)
- Maintain procurement records
- Ad-hoc administration duties where required
- Previous experience in a similar Senior Buyer role or Procurement Manager role with proven end-to-end tender experience
- Degree level and CIPS qualification is desired
- Experience in a project environment would be advantageous
- Sense of humour, ability to work under pressure and ambitious attitude
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and the ability to influence and negotiate
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Manager to work on a multi million pound project conducting end-to-end procurement processes in a supportive and experienced procurement team.
This is a minimum 18 month fixed term contract with a high possibility of extensions or to go permanent.
If you are an experienced Procurement Manager who is comfortable with numbers and has the right attitude, apply today or call 0207 509 8627 to speak to Melanie Robinson for a confidential discussion.