Salary £40000 - £45750 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
Consultant Stuart McKay
Date posted 25 October 2016
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Sourcing Manager to join one of the UK's most well known high street banks based in either Bristol or Gloucester. They are looking for a procurement professional with experience across multiple categories, ideally including Marketing, HR or IT.
About the Sourcing Manager opportunity:
They're looking to add a generalist procurement professional to the function as sourcing engagements will be across a range of categories. The bank is looking to add a candiadate who as well as having a generalist background but preference will be given to those who've also had specific exposure to Marketing, HR or IT categories.
It's a classic end to end strategic sourcing role responsible for new contracts and renewals, including; business needs analysis, supplier selection, commerical negotiation, approval and contracts then hand over to the SRM team. You will report directly to the Head of Sourcing
- Deliver opportunities that drive down costs in delivering our service through the identification of simplification opportunities and delivering savings targets in line with the Banks objectives
- Lead cross functional teams through strategic sourcing process leveraging the size and scale of the Group’s purchasing power through robust contract negotiations, supplier selection and management of the commercial aspects of the 3rd party supplier relationships
- Develop effective relationships with key internal stakeholders to increase their awareness of Sourcing and support for Sourcing initiatives
- Identify best practices, ascertain stakeholders future requirements and where appropriate, respond to changes in the internal and external business environment to secure best value from third party expenditure
- Compliance to all Sourcing policies, procedures and systems ensuring an efficient and auditable Sourcing trail
- Apply detailed knowledge of contractual terms and conditions ensuring appropriate risk mitigation embedded into supply contracts
- Work collaboratively with the Supplier Managers to ensure effective contract handover or to provide ongoing support for supplier management
- CIPS qualified
- Ideally available to start in 2016
- Experience in Financial Services or another regulated industry is essential
- An excellent track record in procurement, demonstrable track record in procurement
This role can be based in either Bristol or Gloucester.
Apply now for this exciting Sourcing Manager role or contact me for more information.