Marketing Procurement Manager
Salary £55000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
Consultant Stuart McKay
Date posted 25 October 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced procurement professional to join the recently built procurement function of a global online payments company based in London to take full ownership of the marketing category.
About the Marketing Procurement Manager opportunity
This is an opportunity for a Senior Marketing Procurement Manager to join the growing, dynamic procurement team of a FTSE 250 listed global online payment company with over 2,000 employees in 55 offices around the World.
You will be responsible for the entire Marketing category, including some strategic vendor management of critical suppliers. This role reports directly to the Head of Procurement. You will be responsible for over 50 sourcing engagements a year with suppliers specialising in e-commerce, exhibitions, events, licensing and white labelling.
The company is in acquisition mode, and are constantly acquiring new businesses and with them new suppliers, so consolidation and supplier rationalisation is a big part of the role along with strategically looking at the new suite of suppliers and looking at where the business can drive innovation.
- Continue to manage and develop internal and external stakeholders and strategic supplier relationships.
- Strategic and tactical sourcing and procurement of required services in line with company budgets, strategy and required governance
- Negotiation of pricing and commercial contracts to ensure optimal cost and mitigated risk
- Management of formal RFP process
- Detailed analysis and benchmarking of relevant industry rates pricing and suppliers;
- Control of company and category expenditure budgets
- Identify and deliver cost reduction and risk mitigation initiatives
- Manage / develop preparation of essential procurement reports and spend metrics for senior management
- Identify and implement best practices in global procurement
- Develop and mentor global procurement team as necessary to provide a world-class function
Required skills and experience
- Proven experience in a global procurement role within the payments and/ or financial services sector, minimum for 7 years proven procurement experience with 3 years in Marketing at a senior level.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Cost negotiation skills
- Contract formation, negotiation and management
- RFP creation, management and governance
- Procurement metrics and spend reporting
- Solid forecasting and planning ability
- Procurement systems knowledge (Oracle EBS in use)
- Strong numerical skill set; able to analyse and interpret wide spanning costs and budgets
- Excellent IT skills, in particular strong knowledge and experience with Excel
- Naturally inquisitive in order to challenge the status quo, desire to constantly improve proficiency and knowledge in new or unfamiliar areas
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple assignments at any one time, delivering high quality work that meets agreed commitment
Apply now for this exciting Senior Marketing Procurement Manager position or contact me for further information.