Supplier Relationship Manager
Salary £40000 - £45750 per annum + Bonus and benefits
Consultant Stuart McKay
Date posted 25 October 2016
A great opportunity has arisen for a Supplier Relationship Manager to join the procurement function of one of the UK's leading retail banks based in either Gloucester or Bristol.
About the opportunity
This bank are looking to add a generalist SRM professional to the function who will be responsible for between 20 and 30 suppliers across multiple categories of which 4 or 5 will be critical strategic suppliers. They are looking to add someone who as well as having a generalist SRM background has also had specific exposure to managing to Marketing, HR or IT suppliers.
- Implement and manage appropriate supplier governance structures including supplier reviews in accordance with the banks Supplier Management Standard
- Review and analyse external trends and influences to support the development of supplier strategy with the category manager
- Drive the day to day performance of the supplier, analysing performance and continually reviewing service level appropriateness to ensure contracts are managed within cost, budget and service parameters
- Ensure service level agreements are achieved and Bank expectations are met/exceeded
- Manage 3rd party risk across the supplier/s and work with policy owners to mitigate the risks
- Work collaboratively to resolve any issues which fall within the terms of the contract. Escalate those that require commercial or legal support
- Develop relationships across the business users to better understand and deliver customer requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external business environment
- Produce Accountable Executive briefing packs and central reports
- Work with the Accountable Executive and Business Owner and Finance Business Partner to secure funding from Spend Wise Units
- Exceptional relationship management skills and a curiosity and commitment to understanding suppliers and their businesses
- Excellent manual reporting skills including advanced Excel data manipulation
- Experience in Financial Services or another regulated industry is preferred
This Supplier Relationship Manager role can be based in either Bristol or Gloucester
Apply now for this exciting Supplier Relationship Manager role or contact me for more information.