Salary £35000 - £50000 per annum + 10% Bonus + Car Allowance
Consultant Ryan Keane
Date posted 24 October 2016
One of the UK's leading Retail (food & beverages) organisations, and household name, are looking to recruit for a Buyer position to be based at their site in the south Cheshire area. The role requires you to have a strong category knowledge within the Food / Beverage, FMCG, Retail markets.
- Develop relationships across the business to enhance stakeholder management
- Deliver or exceed agreed budgets within specified time frames to achieve overall business growth
- Contribute to the top level strategy of the business offering innovative ideas for new business along with in house policies and procedures
- Work alongside multi-site internal & external stakeholders to promote the overall joint business plans
- Developing and maintaining Client relationships within a Food & Drink environment and promoting best practice approach and capabilities
- Supporting the review and achievement of financial objectives of the buying department
- Cradle to grave sourcing process associated with the procurement of goods and services and working in conjunction with the organisations procurement aims
- Work alongside global Retail organisations to generate the best opportunities for all stakeholders
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Degree educated, MCIPS qualification (or overseas equivalent) OR relevant work experience
- Strong communications and stakeholder management experience, backed by a strong professional knowledge within a procurement environment
- Excellent record of negotiation is highly desired
- Category management and strategic purchasing experience would be advantageous
- Significant experience within a procurement environment is vital
- Experience within a Procurement Manager role within a Retail, FMCG, Drinks or Hospitality sector is essential
- Negotiation skill set, with an ability to persuade/influence towards best practice, and bring new perspectives to the organisation
Offering a salary of circa £30,000 - £55,000 + Car + Bonus this is an highly sort after opportunity offering an experienced Buyer a great platform to join a well established team in the Cheshire / North West area.
Apply below or to find out more about the Buyer job contact Ryan Keane on Ryan.Keane@robertwalters.com or call +44 (0)161 240 7484 quoting the reference 2523690.