Head of Category Indirect Procurement
Salary £60000 - £76000 per annum
Location Greater Manchester
Consultant Lee Carey
Date posted 17 October 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for multiple Head of Category Indirect Procurement roles to join our Global financial client who are creating a new procurement department based in Manchester city centre.
Main Purpose of the Head of Category Indirect Procurement role:
The Head of Category will be responsible for managing all procurement contracts within their categories to ensure the delivery of savings, balancing this against risk and customer service levels.
Head of Category Indirect Procurement duties to include:
- Working with the Category Leads and cross function teams to execute a global indirect category management strategy
- Manage commercial negotiations with relevant suppliers and liaise with legal to ensure favourable commercial terms which mitigate business risk.
- Ensure accuracy of data and documentation recorded in key systems, ensure compliance and adherence to policy as evidenced by management assurance testing results
- Support key stakeholders globally with timely communication updates as well as clear expectations setting
- Develop issue and manage RFIs and RFPs as appropriate to find the best sourcing solution that meets business and commercial requirements.
- Experience in delivering large sourcing and indirect procurement projects with a reputable global firm
- Proven experience working with senior stakeholders
- Educated to degree level or equivalent including CIPS/MCIPS
If you are interested in the role, click to apply or contact Lee Carey at Robert Walters for further information.