Salary £35000 - £60000 per annum + Package
Location Greater Manchester
Consultant Ryan Keane
Date posted 17 October 2016
Robert Walters is currently working with a household name in the banking sector on a number of procurement/category manager roles, based in the Greater Manchester area. The organisation is looking to develop a large procurement team and has a number of roles that need to be filled.
Experience within an indirect category manager/procurement background covering professional services, HR, marketing, 3rd party contracts, IT, finance, banking are highly sort after.
About the Category Manager Role:
- Establish and maintain commercially viable contracts with existing and new client relationships
- Constantly monitor and evaluate the Procurement departments services to ensure both internal and external stakeholders are being serviced equally
- Provide company wide statistical data regarding all costs and efficiencies across the contract departments
- Liaise with all suppliers to enable all lead commercial negotiations to ensure the best value for the organisation
- Manage all areas of RFIs t find the best commercial ability for the organisation
- Degree educated or relevant work experience
- MCIPS (or working towards) educated or working towards would be ideal
- Experience of spend for any form Indirect area, focusing Professional Services, HR, Marketing, 3rd party contracts, IT, Finance, Banking
- Experience within a Banking, Insurance, Financial Services would be an advantage but isn’t essential
- Strong commercial awareness and a proven track record of procurement success
- Strong Excel, problem solving and analytical skills is essential
- Excellent work ethic is essential as the organisation is growing extremely well
- Experience adhering to SLAs/KPIs across various areas of the organisation would be an advantage
Offering a salary circa £35,000-£60,000 with excellent additional package, this truly is an exciting opportunity for a developing procurement professional or category manager with an experience within the indirect category management market to work with one of the most well recognised banks within in its respective field, based in Greater Manchester/North West.
Apply below or to find out more about the Category Manager job contact Ryan Keane on +441612407484 quoting the reference 2519500 or apply online below.