Indirect Procurement Category Lead
Salary £70000 - £85000 per annum
Consultant Vanda Pickup
Date posted 13 October 2016
A well-known foreign exchange company is looking for an experienced Indirect Procurement Category Lead to join their small and high-performing strategic procurement team with global accountability. The role is based in Central London, with necessity to travel to satellite offices.
About the Indirect Procurement Category Lead role:
The key scope for this role is providing procurement support for indirect categories, with a particular focus on logistics (e.g. cash in transit), digital marketing, and professional services. As a Category Lead you are responsible the development and implementation of procurement strategies, applying creative thinking to uncover new opportunities and negotiating the best commercial terms for the business.
Key Indirect Procurement Category Lead duties include:
- Defines and implements best practices for end to end management of supplier sourcing, negotiations, financial analysis, contracting, procurement and ongoing vendor management
- Drive value add from complex contracts already in place
- Works with key business area stakeholders of Retail and Facilities to identify opportunities for savings and improvement opportunities
- Be the main point of contact for suppliers during the RFP process
- Develop sourcing strategy, write RFI and RFP tender documents ensuring RFP documentation has all required information
- Lead negotiations with support from the business
- Develop sound professional working relationships with key stakeholders, colleagues and management, building their confidence and having a clear understanding of business requirements to drive out value add activities and deliver cost savings
You should be a self-starter with excellent stakeholder management skills - able to communicate effectively with all levels of management. With strong and proven negotiation ability, you will be able to partner with suppliers to drive performance and value to the business. Category management experience across a wide range of spend areas will enable you to easily pick up new categories and apply Procurement Best Practice. You'll be comfortable with managing a portfolio of projects at different stages of delivery and working as part of a small team in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
To find out more, or to apply to the Indirect Procurement Category Manager role - please click the link below or contact Vanda Pickup at Robert Walters on firstname.lastname@example.org