Head of Procurement
Salary Bonus and benefits
Consultant Stuart McKay
Date posted 12 October 2016
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the Worlds most successful hedge funds. They are looking for an experienced Head of Procurement to develop, implement and manage procurement policy and strategy from a greenfield site.
The company is a cutting edge systematic investment manager with more than $30 billion in assets under management making it one of the top 10 hedge funds in the world.
They are looking to create a world class global procurement function in a fast paced, intellectually stimulating environment. They are seeking to hire a Head of Procurement who will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the strategic sourcing and procurement effort across the companies global business lines including technology, market data and all non IT categories.
- Undertake an organisiational review and establish a centralised procurement function using the existing team of vendor managers
- Responsible for designing, implementing and managing a procurement strategy across the Group and ensuring that all sourcing activities, including resulting savings are tracked, measured and reported to senior management and key stakeholders
- Write a procurement policy and secure stakeholders approval to implement (such as supplier selection, contract assessments and approval mechanisms)
- Conduct a full category spend review and propose a savings target plan
- Manage high-value IT and market data vendors, establish & maintain strong vendor and business relationships for the firm
- Build strong relationships with many internal teams such as Legal, Finance, Technology, Data and Compliance
- Manage invoicing approvals for multi-million £ data/Technology expenditure
- Work with Group Legal to implement or improve contract terms for new and existing agreements
- Ensure best practice for the application of procurement and supplier relationship management
- Analyse procurement data, produce KPI’s and provide detailed reports to key stakeholders
- Create and manage the delivery of a procurement systems strategy covering but not limited to Spend Analytics, Contract Management, Stakeholder reporting and Industry benchmarking
- Manage performance and talent management activities for direct reports
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in a corporate procurement/vendor management/commercial negotiating role. Previous experience within Financial Services is preferred but not essential
- Generalist procurement experience with a solid understanding of market data and technology categories
- Experience setting up a procurement function from a greenfield site is preferred but not essential
- Excellent negotiation skills, contract management and supplier management skills.
- Strong leadership and team management experience
- Strong IT knowledge and experience using procurement software
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Apply now for this for this exciting Head of Procurement role or contact me for further information.