Strategic Vendor Manager
Salary £65000 - £85000 per annum + Benefits
Consultant Stuart McKay
Date posted 07 October 2016
An exciting Greenfield opportunity has arisen with a globally recognised reinsurance giant, they are looking for an experienced Strategic Vendor Manager to design, develop and implement Vendor Management strategies and best practice across all categories.
It will be a global role in it’s scope, there 65 people in sourcing across Europe, America and APAC managing a spend of $1.2bn. This role will report into Head of Sourcing Vendor Solutions who in turn reports into the Head of Global Sourcing.
You need to have strong experience in Vendor Management and experience in a vendor management transformation piece or the set up of vendor management from a greenfield site.
About the Role
The Strategic Vendor Manager will own and develop the vendor management and innovation frameworks and ensure specialist resources are deployed and managed appropriately to deliver most value to the business. They will work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement solutions and strategies that enhance the client/customer experience. The Vendor Management function is accountable for managing projects that have long range sourcing impact.
Key Accountabilities for the Strategic Vendor Manager VP
- Providing Strategic Vendor Management solutions input and expertise to the Global Category Lead in building up the Category Strategies and agreeing strategic vendor sourcing solutions to support Category Strategies
- Ensuring superior solutions are developed for the benefit of Sourcing Business Partners and Category Management Strategies
- Developing the Strategic Vendor Management Performance and Innovation Framework of the business
- Developing tools and templates to ensure effective measurement of strategic vendor management activities, aligned to the corporate Procurement Balanced Scorecard
- Ensuring that Sourcing staff have appropriate skills and training to deliver strategic vendor sourcing activities
- Developing innovation standard clauses to include in the contracting process
- Ensuring vendor management systems and/or processes are "fit for purpose" and compliance measures are in place
- Organising company wide best practice and information sharing events to drive innovation
- Ensuring the business and client expectations of Strategic Vendor Management activities are properly managed
- Bachelor's degree required at minimum, Master's degree preferred, in fields such as business administration or finance
- Strong preference for CIPS or similar professional qualification
- Lean Six Sigma or similar qualification highly desirable
- Very strong negotiation skills are a must
- Experience in a regulated environment is preferred
- Excellent vendor management experience and skills required
- M&A experience will be considered favourably
- Excellent command of English required
To find out more about this interesting and challenging Strategic Vendor Manager role, apply now or contact me for more information.