Salary £200 - £245 per day
Consultant Melanie Robinson
Date posted 07 October 2016
An excellent opportunity for a Category Buyer to work on a 6 month initial contract to a max of 20 months doing end to end procurement processes across multiple categories. You will ideally have experienced across Non-IT spend including FM, HR and Learning & Development for low risk contracts.
One of the largest Asset Management firms based in London is currently seeking a Category Buyer who will be responsible for end-to-end processes across a Non-IT categories for low risk products. Reporting in to two Procurement Managers, you will have demonstrated your capabilities throughout your career in Professional Services environments.
- Full responsibilities of tenders for low risk contracts as well as supporting the Procurement Managers with any contract extensions required including drafting documentation
- Responsible for negotiations with suppliers across Facilities, Learning & Development and Recruitment
- Assist with due diligence data collection, administration and management for each tender and/or contract extension using templates and credit check tools
- Design Rate Cards and negotiate where appropriate
- Undertake compliance checks and provide technical summaries to assist the Group Procurement
- Manager for the selection process
- Actively participate and support in negotiations, services, packages and projects
- Support the Procurement managers by producing agendas, progress reports and meeting minutes (if required)
- Maintain procurement records
- Ad-hoc administration duties where required
- Previous experience in a similar Buyer role in a professional services organisation
- Degree level and CIPS qualification is desired
- Sense of humour and ability to work under pressure
- A good understanding of Facilities, Construction and HR
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and the ability to influence and negotiate
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Category Buyer to work in an excellent team conducting end-to-end procurement processes.
This is an initial 6 month contract with extensions up to 20 months; so if you are an experienced buyer or ran your own procurement processes, apply today or call 0207 509 8627 to speak to Melanie Robinson for a confidential discussion.