Salary £40000 - £45000 per annum
Consultant Chris Miller
Date posted 05 October 2016
A rare opportunity to join the UK Purchasing function at Porsche Retail Group. This Purchasing Specialist role is designed to support the Purchasing Manager covering all areas of retail spend including Marketing & Events, Retail, and Technology. The role will be based at the organisation's UK HQ in Reading and will span across all five PRG Centres.
About the role
A rare opportunity has arisen to join the UK Purchasing function at Porsche Retail Group. This Purchasing Specialist role is designed to support the Purchasing Manager covering all areas of retail spend including Marketing & Events, Retail, and Technology. The role will be based at the organisation's UK HQ in Reading, Berkshire and will span across all five PRG Centres including West London, Mayfair, Hatfield and Guildford.
- Assist in Group commercial reviews to identify and deliver:
- Improved standards of performance and contribution of suppliers
- Efficiency improvements
- Cost savings opportunities
- Prevention of price creep on existing contracts
- Manage the implementation of purchasing processes into PRG and provide ongoing support for all stakeholder landscapes
- Managing the PRG supplier base in close cooperation with PRG Finance & PCGB Purchasing
- Vendor Management and continued focus on supporting the Centres in how to manage suppliers effectively to deliver true collaborative value
- Support the Porsche Cars Great Britain Purchasing Manager in building the Group Function and raising the profile of Procurement within the organisation.
Experience & skills
- Several years' experience in a best-practice Procurement function as a Procurement/Purchasing Specialist, ideally from a fast-paced automotive retail environment
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Business degree
- High commercial and financial awareness.
About the organisation
Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited is the sole UK and Ireland importer of Porsche cars and is wholly owned by Porsche AG in Stuttgart. The UK and Ireland are the fourth largest market for Porsche in the world. Porsche has been in Reading since 1977, and in its current location at Calcot since 1985.
Robert Walters is proud to be retained exclusively for the recruitment of this position. To apply for this outstanding role please send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on +44(0)207 509 8543 or click apply below.