Office Procurement Manager
Salary £55000 - £65000 per annum + bonus and benefits
Location City of London
Consultant Stuart McKay
Date posted 19 September 2016
This is an exciting opportunity to help the newly appointed Head of Procurement set up strategic sourcing for the London office of a Global Investment Bank.
The Office Procurement Manager will have dual responsibilities, 50% of the role will be strategic sourcing of regional and local contracts across multiple categories.
The other 50% of the role is Office Management including monitoring accounts payable and managing executive travel. You will work alongside and report directly to the Interim Head of Procurement and the COO.
Office Procurement Manager
- Be focal point for sourcing in Europe
- Set up the procurement function in Europe, including developing a process for approvals , checks (eg sanctions) and a central repository for contracts
- Engage with the Group Sourcing Team, leverage upcoming global initiatives like centralised contract management
- Manage Supplier performance
- Design and develop an efficient operating model for Europe to manage day-to-day the accounts payable process
- Ensure tight control environment, e.g. updated policies, procedures and controls, segregation of duties, updated signatories
- Monitor services levels and drive improvements
- Monitor compliance with travel policy (e.g. lowest logical fare)
- Manage car services and ensure cost efficient service is in place
- Manage transition to new travel provider
- Produce relevant MI to provide senior management with oversight that processes are run efficiently and the control environment is appropriate
- On-going review of processes to ensure they remain cost efficient and well managed both from a risk and a service quality perspective
- At least 5 years previous experience as an office manager for a large organisation, preferably financial services
- Procurement experience preferably strategic sourcing running RFPs
- Proven ability to drive projects
- Experience with working with teams offshore (eg India, Manila) and global functions overseas (Australia)
- Experience at working in complex organisational environments, across multiple lines of businesses and geographies.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to persuade influence and build rapport with others and to effectively impart specialist knowledge and build capability in others.
- Demonstrated team player with excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Highly motivated and flexible, with a proven ability to deliver in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Proactive, easily adaptable and able to embrace change.
- Highly organised individual, self-motivated and able to prioritise to meet demanding and fixed time constraints
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to ensuring standards and controls are established and maintained in the workplace.
Apply now for this exciting Office Procurement Manager role or contact me for further information