Salary £30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + Package
Consultant Ryan Keane
Date posted 16 September 2016
A UK and Global leading Chemical organisation are currently looking to recruit an Indirect Senior Buyer position to supplement a period of growth. The organisation are looking for good mid level procurement professionals with Indirect Senior buying experience to work at their site based in the Liverpool / Merseyside area.
The role will report into the Procurement Manager and is a newly generated position. The role will require procurement professionals to manage key suppliers on a day to day basis with regards to all areas of Indirect Procurement spend.
The role requires a background in CAPEX, Facilities Management, MRO, Site Services and Sub Contractor experience. This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Buyer / up and coming Procurement Manager to work for one of the UK’s leading joint ventures.
About the Indirect Buyer Role:
- Establish and maintain commercially viable contracts with existing and new client relationships
- Forecast and identify all purchasing related risks the organisation needs to identify
- Liaise with national company sites to ensure reduced costs and encourage best practice
- Work to stringent KPI/SLA's on a monthly basis
- Be the main point of contact for all purchase order raising whilst ensuring all procurement compliance policies are met
- Move efficiently across the organisations function within the manufacturing and procurement teams
- Constantly monitor and evaluate the Procurement departments services to ensure both internal and external stakeholders are being serviced equally
- Manage and develop long term contracts within the Procurement function with reference to all sub contractors
- Provide company wide statistical data regarding all costs and efficiencies across the contracts departments
- Maintain effective communication channels with suppliers to ensure adequate flow of information concerning materials status meets company requirements
- Degree educated or relevant work experience
- CIPS (or working towards) educated or working towards would be ideal
- Experience of spend for any form of Direct & Indirect area, focusing on Chemicals, Manufacturing CAPEX, MRO, Facilities Management etc.
- Experience within a Chemical or Manufacturing environment would be an advantage but isn’t essential
- Strong commercial awareness and a proven track record of procurement success
- Strong Excel, problem solving and analytical skills is essential
- Excellent work ethic is essential as the organisation is growing extremely well
- A good understanding of MRP/ERP systems
- Experience adhering to SLA’s / KPI’s across various areas of the organisation would be an advantage
Offering a salary circa £30,000 - £40,000 with excellent additional package including a 10% bonus. This truly is an exciting opportunity for a developing Procurement professional / Senior Buyer with an experience within the Indirect Senior Buyer market to work with one of the most well recognised Chemical organisation in its respective field, based in Merseyside / North West.
Apply below or to find out more about the Indirect Senior Buyer job contact Ryan Keane on ryan.Keane@robertwalters.com or call +441612407484 quoting the reference 2498560.