Salary £18000 - £30000 per annum
Consultant Ryan Keane
Date posted 30 August 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an extremely ambitious junior buyer/buyer to work with a nationally recognised Manufacturing organisation within the medical devices industry; within the Leeds/West Yorkshire area.
You will have experience within a procurement environment to work within a large team to manage and develop all areas within the procurement and supply chain areas. The business is also offering to support you in the development of your CIPS qualifications.
You are required to have a degree of understanding within the buyer/strategic procurement field and to have a strong Excel understanding.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, distribution and finance teams to maximise all elements of the business
- The role will report directly into the Procurement Manager, however, a level of autonomy will be given for candidates to be responsible regarding their own stakeholder management
- Acting as the technical lead / consultancy for certain categories, Medical, manufacturing devices industry
- Assisting in the management of procurement work e.g. tender process, including sourcing, report writing, contract drafting
- Liaising with key internal & external stakeholders, in order to maximise organisational efficiency
- Degree educated, CIPS or relevant work experience
- Experience within a Manufacturing or Engineering background is essential
- At least 1-2 years experience within a Procurement Assistant / Buyer role is essential
- IT literate and good numerical / analytical knowledge his highly desirable
- A self starter with strong levels of desire is highly sort after
- Strong supplier / stakeholder management is a highly sought after trait
- Effectively use an MRP / ERP / Excel systems
Offering a salary between £18,000 to £30,000 this is an excellent opportunity for a Buyer / Junior Buyer to work with an extremely well regarded manufacturing organisation in the Leeds / West Yorkshire area.
Apply below or to find out more about the Buyer role in the Leeds / West Yorkshire area, contact Ryan Keane on Ryan.Keane@robertwalters.com or call +44 (0)1612407484 quoting the reference 2470250