Salary £65,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Nina Matharu
Date posted 05 July 2022other procurement-supply-chain/operations 2022-07-05 2022-09-03 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Somerset Somerset GB GBP 65000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
I am recruiting an Operations Manager for a large logistics business based in Somerset. This role is a multi-site leadership role and will have one Regional General Managers reporting into you, with P&L accountability. Responsible for the delivery of all aspect of operational delivery including but not limited to, health and safety, service delivery, operational excellence, continuous improvement/efficiency, and collaboration/synergy across the business unit.
Key Responsibilities for the Operations Manager
- Ensure that HSE performance and culture is achieved within the sites
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the causes of service failure
- Accountable for the delivery of all contractual KPI’s and budget requirements across all sites
- Drive synergies across multiple sites and business units
- Deliver and support the development of the region’s strategy
- Driving delivery of organic growth with existing customers by increasing volume from existing contracts for existing sites in collaboration with the KAM
- Set planning profit targets
- Prepare annual ops budget
- Deliver a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement
- Ensure that a high-performance culture is developed and maintained
The Operations Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience in leading all aspects of a multi-site, customer led operation and proven track record in delivering innovative performance improvements and operational excellence.
- Demonstrated experience of Transport logistics with varying levels of complexity
- Previous experience in Transport governance and control
- Excellent commercial acumen - understands dynamics of ‘open/ closed book’ contracts & develops a profit centre approach & culture amongst the Account team that is focused on bottom line performance
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at all levels.
- Agile approach to strategy and planning with a proven experience of adapting operational plans to changing customer requirements whilst also achieving a commercial benefit
- Understands how to use IT / technology to drive performance
- Personal resilience, tenacity and motivated by achievement
- Highly numerate and excellent written skills
Salary: £39,000 - £55,000 per annum + Excellent BenefitsLocation: EnglandDate posted: 01 August 2022A global energy company based in Lancashire are looking for someone to join their Projects, Bids and Proposals team as a Buyer. As a Buyer you will be expected to support the development of Project procurement strategies, undertake sourcing activities, and develop commercial procurement capabilities.