Logistics Contract Manager
Consultant Phil Ainscow
Date posted 09 August 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
The Regatta UK Group is currently looking to hire an ambitious and experienced Logistics Contract Manager to join the team based in Poznan, Poland. As the Logistics Contract Manager you will contribute towards rapid future growth plans and work alongside the 3pl partners ensuring first class service.
The Regatta Group is the UK’s largest and most loved supplier of outdoor and leisure clothing and a leading player in the European market, supplying globally and operating across 55 countries.
Highly successful, entrepreneurial and with ambitious plans to continue the rapid growth seen over the past few years, the Group is looking for a professional Logistics Contract Managerto work alongside our 3pl partners ensuring first class service alongside the Senior Management team at its Distribution Centre in Poznan.
A family owned business, the Regatta Group prides itself on great relationships, outstanding customer service and superb products across all brands, Regatta, Regatta Professional, Craghoppers and Dare2b.
A Logistics Contract Manager opportunity has arisen, as the Group continues to expand and develop it’s OMNI channel business across the Poland, Central Eastern Europe, Germany and Austria. We are looking for great people leaders, with the intellect and gravitas to manage the business needs within the 3PL site in conjunction with the 3pl managers, whilst maximising all operational efficiency and maintaining top quality H&S standards.
This is a challenging but hugely rewarding role for the right people; it offers the potential to make a significant impact and have a huge influence on the future success of an already outstanding business.
Logistics Contract Manager key role responsibilities:
- Strategically plan for all current and future operational demands of the business, while liaising with onsite management on both staffing and operational resources
- Work with the site management to maximise operational efficiency, ensuring all operational targets, deadlines and KPIs are met or exceeded
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships between teams at the fulfilment centre and the business stakeholders to ensure customer service is delivered at an outstanding level
- Continually improve and strengthen processes and procedures to ensure delivery service disruptions are kept to a minimum
- Ensure all operational needs are maintained within the designated budget, creating further savings where possible without impacting performance
- Engage with the 3PL on the selection, training, and development of colleagues within the team
- Carry out daily calls and regular reviews of: performance, customer service and operational costs – reporting to a senior manager
- Drive a change of culture, to be in-line with Regatta values
- Ensure H&S is the main focal point for all colleagues including 3PL colleagues
- Able to adapt to the significantly changing business volumes throughout the year – seasonal dependent
Logistics Contract Manager key role requirements:
- Previous experience of managing operations performance in-line with agreed budgets
- Able to manage and influence 3pl individuals at all levels to maximum performance
- An appreciation of the demands of working in a fashion or retail environment
- Motivated to achieve performance and results through energy and drive whilst demonstrating resilience and self-belief in the face of opposition
- Working cross functionally and with networks to deliver common objectives
- Knowledge of stock management, systems and procedures
- Commercial awareness and entrepreneurial mind set to drive performance
- Excellent organisational skills
- English language fluency
- Proficient IT and WMS skills
- Able to confidently present reports to senior managers
- Excellent ability to solve problem in high pressure scenarios
- Full driving license
Regatta is a dynamic and innovative business, able to call on over 80 years of expertise. The Group operates internationally in carefully selected markets, some mature and some fast emerging in order to secure the greatest strategic potential for future growth.
This is an excellent time to join and make a positive difference to a successful, secure and exciting business that is committed to continued investment in future growth.
If you are interested in the opportunity contact Phil Ainscow on +44 161 240 7497 or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Although this role is based in Poland and is Polish speaking, please only submit CVs fully translated into English.