Salary £50000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits
Consultant Stuart McKay
Date posted 04 October 2016
This is an exciting opportunity for an MRICS qualified Estate Manager to work for a well known High Street Bank and join the Estate Management team looking after their portfolio of 600 branches and 9 office buildings.
Overview of the Estate Manager role within the Bank
Ensure all Estate management of the Bank's estate in the UK is delivered to the highest professional standard, protect the bank’s legal and reputational position and ensure budgets for rents and rates are managed with excellent commercial acumen.
The role will assist the Senior Estates Manager in managing the performance of the preferred outsource supplier and ensuring delivery of the AM function in line with agreed SLAs and to budget. There is the opportunity for rapid progression to a Senior Estate Manager position.
- Ensure that all property-related legal obligations are met, and that the Bank is at all times in compliance with its obligations
- Review the KPIs/SLAs under which the preferred supplier's performance is measured and make recommendations to SEM for revision or corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure effective financial and fiscal management whilst achieving planned results
- Preparation of reports for presentation to the Exec
- Audit and approve the quarterly and other regular and ad – hoc payments
- Oversee head lease renewals and rent reviews within DA limits
- Approve all preferred supplier fee invoices and agree any ad hoc fees as required within DA limits
- Provide expert property overview/sense check of preferred supplier activities to ensure constant alignment to the Bank's interests
- Review and escalate as necessary all complaints, disputes, ad hoc fee requests etc
- Maintain strong relationships with internal Group occupants to react to and anticipate all queries and concerns.
- Proven track record in Estate Management ideally from a retail or retail banking background
- MRICS Qualified, ideally newly qualified or up to two years experience
- An understanding of and some experience in acquiring and disposing of commercial property
- High professional standards and fine commercial acumen.
- Proven ability to work with external (outsourced) teams.
- Thorough, dependable, high attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, proposals, implications etc
- Ability to lead a team to deliver high quality property management
Apply now for this excellent Estate Manager role or contact me for more information.