Salary £60,000 - £65,000 per annum + Exec package
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 13 August 2018 2018-08-132018-10-12 manufacturing-and-production UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A National Manufacturing business is recruiting a General Manager to head their operation in the Northamptonshire area.
As the General Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
- To take full profit and balance sheet responsibility and accountability for a multimillion pound business
- Lead a business transformation to ensure a robust manufacturing operation in order to maximise on profitability
- To build a well-motivated team to improve performance within a busy environment where interests sometimes compete – customer service, transport scheduling, production efficiency, and maintenance.
- To develop a robust succession plan for key roles within the business, mentoring and coaching team members as appropriate
- To keep everybody safe and improve Health & Safety performance and systems.
- To grow and develop the business, to meet, maintain and build upon both Company and Group expectations.
- To ensure that all legal, statutory, environmental and Group Corporate Governance requirements are fully complied with.
- To develop and maintain internal cultures reflecting the highest standards of safety, customer care, people development, quality and factory efficiency
The ideal candidate for General Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Leader experience of manufacturing operations in a time driven, customer focused environment
- Proven experience of P&L management
- Metal finishing experience would be highly desirable
- Experience of driving a business transformation within a historic work force
- Experience of leading a manufacturing business through a significant period of growth and profitability
- Proven track record of developing a robust site leadership team
- Assertive and resilient in their style of management
My client is a part of highly successful national manufacturing group, still driving continuous growth both organically and through strategic acquisition.