Salary £70,000 - £90,000 per annum + + Package
Location North West England
Consultant Abigail Kirkpatrick
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Plant Manager for an FMCG Manufacturer based in Warrington
The Warrington site is a high speed, state of the art facility manufacturing facility and is the flagship of the global business. You will be leading a team of c150 people across operations, engineering, HSE, continuous improvement and quality as well as other key stakeholder with the business and external suppliers.
- You will ensure that all working practices reflect the latest applicable safety legislation, regulations and guidelines to maintain a safe working environment for all employees, visitors and contractors
- To ensure ISO 9001 & 14001 accreditation are maintained
- Provide adequate resources to complete audits, investigate customer complaints, complete audit actions and implement improvements
- Actively promote and support the use of lean manufacturing techniques and provide leadership and direction to the CI Leader for the site whilst being sensitive to the implications of change
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree calibre and ideally qualified in a relevant technical discipline i.e. engineering or manufacturing systems
- Strong leadership experience from a senior operations position with a track record of delivering results and cultural change
- An appreciation of the demands of working in a Food/Drink FMCG Company/Environment
- An in depth knowledge of lean manufacturing systems and able to demonstrate how they have successfully applied them to bring about real business improvements
- Able to work directly with customers and promote the company’s capability
- The ability to lead change with a positive and engaging approach with an enjoyment of identifying and developing talent
- Gravitas and personal credibility to interact at a senior level in a successful PLC environment
- Motivated to achieve performance and results through energy and drive whilst demonstrating resilience and self-belief in the face of opposition
- The ability to motivate and guide others to achieve set objectives by gaining commitment and providing direction and recognition
- Working cross functionally and with networks to deliver common objectives
- Communicates clearly, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing, sharing information with confidence, enthusiasm and with an impact that promotes understanding
As Plant Manufacturing Lead, you will have global responsibility for:
- Drive growth in plant profitability through continuous improvement. As the plant subject matter expert; develop, improve and sustain productivity improvements using Lean manufacturing tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Standard Work, Daily Management, SMED, TPM and Kanban -- at the process, cell and value stream levels.
- Identify and prioritize high impact opportunities that target improving business performance on safety, quality, delivery, and cost by establishing links between process improvement initiatives and group production strategies
- Target minimum stock holding by cycle time improvements and collaboration with Procurement and suppliers
- Plant wide responsibility for the hiring, training, development and evaluation of staff. Ensure corrective action is taken as necessary when established standards are not met in a timely basis and in accordance with group policy. - Plant guardian and champion of QB Group values and standards
- Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet and beat the plant’s annual budgetary plan.
- Direct and monitor department managers to ensure the workflow and appropriate resources are in place to achieve the manufacturing plan in line with the established manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Prepare proposals as part of the annual group production budgeting process that identify the production resources and costs required to achieve the projected volume requirements of the plant’s customers, maintenance of the production and plant assets and supports the development/improvement plans of the plant.
- Monitor and control all plant overhead spend within agreed budgetary levels - Responsible for stock integrity and accuracy
- Maintain standardised performance metrics, performance reports and dashboards to deliver overview to key stakeholders in the business at appropriate intervals.
- Support through provision of technical, production and planning resource NPI speed to market
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.