Health & Safety Manager
Salary £40,000 - £41,500 per annum + Car
Consultant Nina Matharu
Date posted 18 May 2022south-east procurement-supply-chain/logistics 2022-05-18 2022-07-17 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Kent Kent GB GBP 40000 41500 41500 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Health & Safety Manager will be responsible for the effective running of the HS&E standards to ensure that the Operation meets all of its company and legislative obligations. You will act as a central coordination for environmental and health & safety activity, including management systems and is accountable for rolling out company-wide environmental and health & safety initiatives. This role will be based in Kent.
Key Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager:
- Ensure the Operations is compliant with all H&S, company and legislative requirements, via company policies, procedures and systems and external Health & Safety Regulations ensuring the Operations remains compliant.
- Promote safe working practices and be a role model within the Operations for this subject
- In conjunction with HR, ensuring that all employees receive suitable environmental and health & safety training, including inductions to site
- Develop and progress the site annual safety plan, environmental management programme
- Develop and maintain a risk assessment programme across the site
- Ensure relevant corrective action is taken, as required, for all equipment and operational problems/potential problems to maintain and improve the EH&S operation
- Maintain and develop the site accreditation status with external bodies for environmental and health & safety activities
- Liaising with HR for identification and management of health issues as they arise to ensure that our employees are not subjected to unnecessary risks
- Co-ordinate and carry out Health & Safety, environmental and fire audits in compliance with the audit program
- Collate records and disseminate information on Company and Corporate health, safety & environment and fire matters especially relative to prevention of incidents
The Health & Safety Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Able to communicate with internal and external clients
- Experience working in a management role in distribution / warehouse environment with working knowledge of H&S
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Driven by continual improvement
- High standard of work and integrity
- Can operate successfully with all levels of colleagues and management
- Able to resolve multiple and/or complex issues while under pressure
- IOSH qualification required as minimum
- NEBOSH qualification preferred but not essential
- Minimum 2/3 years working in a supervisory position in a strong H&S Environment is required
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum + + bonusLocation: BanburyDate posted: 16 June 2022A world leading Logistics business is recruiting a Senior Transport Manager to head up their transport operation for one of their premium customer operations, based in the Banubry area.
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum + BonusLocation: West SussexDate posted: 24 June 2022A global financial services business are looking for a Buyer to join their newly formed purchasing department at their West Sussex site. This role will be hybrid (3 days a week in the office), however the initial training period would require the successful candidate to be in for 5 days a week. This means all candidates applying will need to be in a commutable distance.