Consultant Nina Matharu
Date posted 17 May 2022northern-home-counties procurement-supply-chain/logistics 2022-05-17 2022-07-16 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Hertfordshire Hertfordshire GB Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Transport Manager to join a Logistics business based in Hertfordshire. You will be responsible for the full Transport function and will own the transport budget to drive profitability of the operation.
Transport Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Managing the day to day transport operation, communicating with sub-contractors and controlling drivers, administrators and planners employed.
- Effective planning and utilisation of drivers and sub-contract haulage for deliveries.
- Managing the operation, in a safe and legal manner, with regard to maintenance, driver hours and the legal operation of a road fleet.
- Interfacing with the sites customers, and dealing with sub contract partners.
- Liaising with the warehouse operations team, to ensure customer service levels are maintained.
- Maintaining, creating and updating spreadsheets and databases for KPI reports.
- Reporting problems and dealing with any issues and queries that may arise.
- Seeking opportunities to drive the transport operation forward.
Transport Manager Requirements:
- Have a good understanding of the third party haulage market.
- Able to work effectively in a close team.
- Have excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
- Able to make decisions under pressure, and to a tight timescale.
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to working in order to meet the requirements of the business, particularly at peak periods during the year.
- Able to communicate well at all levels within the business.
- Have the ability to identify and suggest improvements
- Highly motivated.
- PC Literate in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Should demonstrate the drive and desire to progress
- Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns.
- National & International CPC Licence
Salary: NegotiableLocation: HertfordshireDate posted: 17 May 2022A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager to join a Logistics business based in Hertfordshire. You will be responsible for the day to day operations which will include Warehouse & Stock, Transport, H&S, Facilities and Customer Services. You will drive a culture of departmental collaboration and drive process efficiencies and enhance individual and team performance.
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum + Car Allowance or Company CarLocation: BedfordDate posted: 11 May 2022My client is a leading provider in the sustainable food waste recycling sector for both Local Authorities and commercial organisations.
Salary: £47,000 - £59,000 per annumLocation: HertfordshireDate posted: 04 May 2022An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Vendor Manager (sitting in the internal IT team) to join a newly created department for a company in Hertfordshire. The successful candidate will need to attend the office 2 days a week at the initial stages of onboarding and then depending on the location of the candidate, that could drop to 1 day a week.