Technical Field Engineer
Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Ranford
Date posted 05 July 20192019-07-05 2019-09-03 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Coventry West Midlands GB GBP 30000 35000 35000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters are currently recruiting a Technical Field Engineer required based from home working for a large prestigious Courier company.
The role is a full time permanent opportunity and the successful candidate should have the following key skills and experience:
• Previous experience in quality assurance although would consider gas and electrical installers looking for their next role
• Excellent PC literacy skills, including Microsoft Excel skills
• Strong leadership and team building skills
• Excellent Communication and Engagement Skills
• Good problem solving, communication and organisational skills
• Ability to work both within a team environment and individually to achieve targets and strict deadlines
• Must have recognised industry accreditation of competence in the field of Gas Installation and hold ACS CCN1 and CKR1; Range Cookers DOM LPG / DOM NG; Pipework DOM NG (CORE)
• Engineering qualifications are desirable
• Understanding of quality management principles and company systems.
• Previous experience of auditing
• Project management/process improvement workshop experience
• DMAIC accreditation desirable
Key responsibilities for the role will be as follows:
• Act as primary advisor to the Installations team member on QA issues/initiatives (e.g. problem solving, identification and escalation of significant QA issues)
• Support with the creation, maintenance and update SOP's, WI's and other learning materials to be used by the 2 Man Installations Team
• Assess customer requirements and ensure these are met at all times.
• Demonstrate the ability to develop, maintain and produce reports related to the QA standards required.
• Compile and prepare reports QA reports, presentations and other documents as instructed by customers and Line Management. ;
• Responsible for completing inspections and audits at end customer dwellings, ensuring this is delivered professionally and courteously at all times.
• Conduct corrective action in response to audits (Internal and External - Gas Safe and NICEIC).
• Ensure the attainment and sustainability of the ISO 9001 and 14001 certifications where applicable.
• Champion Continuous Improvement , change culture and quality service delivery across 2 Man Installations Services
• Conduct process reviews to eliminate waste and drive cost reductions across In-Home Services
• Co-ordinate the implementation of CI and PI initiatives and projects relating to 2 Man Installations
• Develop and maintain QA systems and registry to ensure compliance to all system requirements including document control and records, specifications, maintaining colleague competency training records, product identification, trace / recall and incident management.
• Responsible for Quality Assurance Management operations and ensuring all technical requirements are met.
• To monitor and control any negative environmental impact arising from In-Home Services processes within area of responsibility.
• To work in accordance with Health & Safety as outlined in the Health, Safety and Environmental Responsibilities.
• Identify and develop suitable processes and procedures to meet all competency requirements and ensure effectively trained out.
• Provide guidance, discipline and other personnel related activity in accordance with corporate policies.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with all environmental health and safety regulations and ensuring sustainability.
• Actively participate in Root Cause Problem Solving techniques and implement agreed improvements
• Participate in daily Huddle meetings and Gemba Walks
• Actively participate in case problems solving techniques and implement agreed
The role comes with a generous starting salary of circa £35,000 per annum and a Company car.
For more information please contact Tom Ranford on the Supply Chain & Engineering team.