Head of Logistics & Operations
Salary £75,000 - £85,000 per annum + + package
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 26 June 20192019-06-26 2019-08-25 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain City of London London GB GBP 75000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading FMCG business is recruiting a Head of Logistics & Operations to join their leadership team in their UK HQ in London.
About the Head of Logistics & Operations role:
- Managing the end to end logistics operation out of the UK HQ in London
- Develop an overarching Logistics and Operations strategy to meet the needs of the business across all channels.
- Work closely with the leadership team to ensure the full digital transformation of the logistics/operations function including the integration of a new stock management system/purchase order system/Global SKU system and Transport Management System.
- Redefine the scope of the logistics role across the business accommodating upstream and downstream logistics management responsibilities (working closely with the business channels and demand planning functions in each channel)
- Partner, develop and manage Key global logistics suppliers and ensure the integration of all partners in the logistics end to end process.
- Must be able to drive people and process change in an environment which is transforming rapidly
- Manage a team covering both Supply Planning and Inventory management and Transport/Channel and Storage management functions
Background and experience:
- Proven experience in logistics transformation environment with Global scope
- Proven experience in managing business partners on a global scale
- Knowledge of ERP and ERP implementation
- Experience in leading and implementing change in an FMCG environment
- Experience in leading teams across functions through transformational changes
- Experience working on ‘brick by brick’ solutions that later fully integrate into a bigger picture solution
- Planned Global supply chains
- Strong experience in contract management