Trade Compliance Specialist
Salary £17 - £21 per hour
Consultant Lewis Roman Macias
Date posted 12 February 2019 2019-02-122019-03-14 retail London London GB GBP 17 21 21 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
We are currently recruiting for a Trade Compliance Specialist contract position with a Top Tier One Global Luxury Retail Brand based in London.
To assist in the delivery of the Trade Compliance Strategy and ensure day to day compliance with cross border requirements
•UK Trade Compliance Specialist
• Main point of contact for UK Manufacturing and warehousing sites
• Product classification (finished goods and components) – assist preparing the business for a separate U.K. customs tariff.
• Assist with trade compliance IT projects to help mitigate against the impact of Brexit.
• Liaising with internal teams – Sourcing, Manufacturing, Warehousing and Global Logistics Teams to ensure consistent and accurate flow of information.
• Liaise with third parties including DC operator, customs agent and carriers to improve data accuracy and resolve customs compliance issues.
• Prepare reports to assist with customs compliance and the swift flow of goods.
• Oversee courier imports (UPS, Fedex, DHL) and provide clearance instructions including commodity codes, CPCs, and other import restrictions.
• This job includes UK travel to the Manufacturing and warehousing sites
• Understanding of international trade, import duties, commodity codes, incoterms, customs warehousing preferred
• Some experience of logistics preferred
• Good administrative skills
• Basic use of SAP preferred
• Intermediate excel skills
• Excellent standard of English
• Ability to work in a team as well as being confident to work independently
• Able to communicate well to senior managers
• Strong communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Good academic qualifications
• Currently undergoing or recently completed the Institute of Export exams
• 2-3 years’ experience of UK Import and Export procedures
For more information regarding this contract opportunity, please email in your most up to date CV: email@example.com