Salary £28,000 - £30,000 per annum
Consultant Craig Wiggins
Date posted 14 September 2018 2018-09-142018-11-13 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A market leading logistics business going a period of expansion is recruiting a Transport Planner for their Leicestershire site. Paying up to £30k.
Key Responsibilities for the Transport Planner:
- Liaise with the Driver in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
- Liaise with the Customer in relation to delays and possible issues with delivery.
- To arrange the delivery of the customer’s product on time and in full using the most cost effective means possible and best use of available resources, whilst complying with Transport Legislation and Health & Safety
- Maximizing the utilization of the fleet through efficient planning of deliveries and collections
- Develop back haul lanes with both depots and 3rd. party customers whilst maintaining fleet utilization.
- Source local agency drivers as and when required (in conjunction with the PSL) providing an accurate brief of job required.
- Source local sub-contractors as and when required.
- Ensure loads meet safety standards.
- Manage the Drivers ensuring start times are adhered to
- Pre-Brief Drivers to ensure that they fully understand their instructions.
- De-Brief Drivers upon their return to ensure that all documentation has been completed correctly.
- Manage WTD Compliance
- Comply with all Transport legislation reducing tachograph infringements to below the company target and adhering to WTD regulations.
- Communicate routes to and liaise with other depots
- Record trailer information on all inbound/outbound deliveries and stand trailers
- Administration of run shifts (file/ update globally)
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Must have 3PL experience
- Must have P&L experience
- Experience of planning owned and subcontracted vehicles
- Experience of working in a busy transport office
- Knowledge of drivers hours, Tacograph and WTD legislation
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- IT literate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Commercial understanding
- Team Player
- Good communication skills
- Lateral thinker
- Works well under pressure
- Problem solving and decision making skills