Regional Transport Manager
Salary £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car + Benefits
Location Milton Keynes
Consultant Rob Garner CMILT
Date posted 02 February 2017
A leading distribution business have a requirement for an experienced Regional Transport Manager to join the business and succeed in the delivery of key business functions and service agreements. Working with multiple contracts & clients which have varying agreements in place. Thereby, you will have strong commercial and customer services background as well as having a proven and demonstrative operational background within transport/logistics.
The position is based in Milton Keynes and will involve travel to other sites/depots within your network.
- Based at the main site in Milton Keynes you will also be directly managing other satellite depots which will come under your control.
- Ensure OTIF delivery targets are met and surpassed
- Ensure transport operations, practices, and procedures are managed in line with the company’s HSE policy and all current legislation for 'O' Licence, and the Working time directive
- Oversee the fair and consistent application of a regular review/appraisal programme for team members at all levels
- Ensure full transport fleet compliance subject to transport law and that all associated assets are operated in a commercially viable.
- Identify costs, implement systems and changes to improve vehicle profitability against budgetary constraints
- Design KPI's that allow the performance of the business to measured operationally on a continual basis
- Respond to and develop appropriate contingency plans for disruption of transport routes
- Responsible for client/customer interface at all times
- CPC National/International with experience of running an O'License
- Excellent people engagement/communication skills
- Experienced in managing large transport fleets & Budgets (P&L's)
- Minimum 5 years experience of national transport operations management within the logistics/distribution industry
- Customer/Contract/Supplier relationship experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of distributor requirements and subsequent management.
- Able to action Continuous improvement methodologies & best practise
This position is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Regional Transport Manager from an In-house logistics or Third Party Logistics Background to join senior management with a major player in UK distribution.
Please click to apply.