Salary £43000 - £45000 per annum
Consultant Rob Garner CMILT
Date posted 03 January 2017
A market leading & established food logistics organisation is looking to appoint an experienced Distribution Manager to manage all aspects of their operation (Transport/Warehouse). You must have in-depth knowledge of the logistics industry within a multi temperature environment (Chilled/Frozen/Ambient), strong man-management, high energy levels, demonstrative financial control and excellent customer relationship skills. You will work across a number of sites in Preston, Lancashire area.
About the Distribution Manager role:
The role requires the successful candidate to oversee all the distribution from their Lancashire Distribution Centre/sites. The position has just become vacant and they are looking for a Distribution/Transport professional to continue the successful trajectory for where the company is currently heading.
- Total responsibility for all on site operational activity (Budgetary/KPIs)
- Daily management of Transport/Warehouse Department
- Customer service management KPI’s – ensuring standards are exceeded
- Establish a positive working culture
- Ensuring Site compliance – Health & Safety/Driver Legal requirements (Company Policy)
- Succession planning – development of management potential on site
- Accountable for setting and achieving budgetary and operational KPIs
- Management of contactors
- Champion adhoc projects – new initiatives
- Oversee all recruitment requirements – Transport
- Provide senior support with peers
With a recognised distribution/logistics management career to date; you will have proven success within the food service industry, working in a warehousing and distribution environment at senior management level. You will have a consistent record of delivering a consistently high operational performance in a temperature-controlled environment. You will be financially and commercially aware in order to translate business needs to achieve the required customer levels.
- 5 years’ experience running complex Transport/Warehousing operations preferably in Food /FMCG
- Must hold a National CPC
- Health & Safety Management Qualifications (IOSH Or NEBOSH)
- Demonstrative experience of financial control (Transport Budgets)
- Proven passion in being Customer Focused/Relationship builder
- Transport Planning – Maximise efficiencies
- KPI Management (Operations & Customer)
- Pragmatic in approach and able to make key decisions in a high pressurised environment (FMCG)
- Excellent man-management and leadership skills
- Lean Management – Continuous improvement
- IT Literate (MS Excel/WMS/Transport Systems)
- Class 1 HGV Driving License (Desirable)
- International CPC
- Food Hygiene
About the organisation:
This market leading food service business have had continual growth over the past couple of years.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Distribution Manager position is for you. Apply today or call me on 0161 240 7462.