H&S Regional Manager
Salary £35000 - £37000 per annum + Car + 25 Days + 10% Bonus + Healthcare
Location Stoke on Trent
Consultant Rob Garner CMILT
Date posted 20 October 2016
A leading Logistics distribution who supply into fast paced retail customer are currently seeking a H&S Regional Manager to lead a robust Health /Safety & Environmental strategy/agenda across multiple sites distribution sites across West Midlands and Northern England. You will be someone who has the drive/passion to make a difference by ensuring a safe working environment for all employees that fall under their responsibility across all the sites.
This role involves both Warehouse & Transport and thereby proven and demonstrative experience is required for both to be successful for this role.
- The H&S Regional Manager will be highly visible, and a proactive member of the management team and will directly report into senior management across the multiple sites.
- Innovative and forward looking, the role holder is required to keep up to date with all new HSE legislation and to identify all opportunities for improvement
- The H&S Regional Manager must also be able to lead, develop and train members and staff in accordance with the HSE plan
- Management of all Health & Safety information, reporting and investigation; providing senior management with KPI's and reports
- Performing regular audits on site HSE procedures when necessary
- Excellent communicator who is able to engage with all stakeholders, internal & external customers
- Based predominantly in Stoke (Staffordshire). The role requires travel to across all the sites in the West Midlands and in the North of England.
- NEBOSH Diploma Advantageous or working towards or equivalent
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management (Desirable)
- Professional knowledge of Health & Safety legislation within a warehouse & Transport distribution environments with over 3+ years of proven & demonstrative experience.
- Experience in HSE auditing management systems within the Logistics/Retail Sectors is a requirement for the successful candidate
- Experience of new site ‘Start-up’s would be advantageous from a HSE perspective
- Experience in training and coaching staff on occupational Health & Safety and undertaking risk assessments This position is ideal for a dedicated Health and Safety professional looking to progress their career within a successful distribution business supporting a fast paced FMCG business. The company are currently enjoying sustainable growth, with a host of internal opportunities for development.
If you are very interested in the position as H&S Regional Manager and see this as your next step on your career path then the Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Officer is for you. Please don’t hesitate and apply today or to find out more about this Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Officer then contact Rob Garner on Rob.Garner@robertwalters.com or call +44 (0) 161 240 7462.