Salary £30000 per annum
Consultant Jo Whelan
Date posted 07 September 2016
A leading logistics provider in Oldbury are looking to bring in a number of Sortation Managers (Night Shift) to their growing site. If successful, you will be brought in to assist the Hub Operations Managers in the achievement of Hub Objectives. They are looking to bring in a number of Sortation Managers due to the significant growth of the site. The assessment centre for this role will be held TOMORROW (Thursday 1st September) so please apply if you can attend the assessment centre tomorrow.
Responsibilities of the Sortation Manager:
- To manage loading/unloading to clear floor in line with operational instructions
- Ensuring all company environmental policies and procedures are implemented
- To manage operational procedures
- To resolve immediate operational problems
- To maintain quality procedures
- Planning of employee resource levels and 3rd party resource to achieve operational targets
- To complete daily operational reports
- To achieve set KPI's in terms of productivity
- To hold regular briefing meetings with employees to communicate relevant information
- To manage staffing levels in terms of areas worked by staff, FLT manning and breaks taken
- To implement and monitor the effectiveness of the Health and Safety policy
- To effectively manage and motivate employees in designated area
- To assist in recruitment of employees, through interviewing and induction training
- To ensure appropriate training is given to current employees
You will be a hardworking, ambitious problem solver who is used to working in a fast paced environment. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to forge strong working relationships.
If you would like to find out more about the Sortation Manager roles, please call Jo Whelan on 0121 260 2514 asap. Alternatively, if you would like to apply, please see below.