Solutions Design Engineer
Salary £47,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Rory Birchall
Date posted 04 August 2022london procurement-supply-chain/engineering 2022-08-05 2022-10-03 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Hounslow London GB GBP 47000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Global Logistics business is recruiting a Senior Technical Engineer to join their site Engineering team in their Heathrow operation.
- Evaluate current facility design/material handling equipment and assess capacity against forecasted volumes.
- Work with all necessary departments to determine the process bottlenecks, improvement opportunities and solutions.
- Work with local and global Engineering to review designs against Global Standards and evaluate technical alternatives.
- Work closely with H&S to ensure compliance with industry standards
- Provide technical input into BCA’s and produce BCA’s as required.
- Support supplier tendering processes of projects.
- Develop, plan and align technical concepts for MHE with necessary departments, including drawings, process flows and associated data/information.
- Engage equipment suppliers to develop detailed designs and quotations, based on agreed requirements and specification, and build project budgets ready for approval.
- Manage projects from approval through to installation and commissioning ensuring solutions are delivered on time, to budget, with minimal disruption to operations.
- Manage suppliers and technical staff to ensure resources and processes are in place to fulfil the Engineering team objectives.
- Develop and manage task prioritisation to ensure end user operational benefits are delivered from the resources assigned.
- Develop and conduct project management, communication and templates to ensure standardisation within the Engineering team.
- Manage budgets and expenditure including budget approval, tracking, purchase requests and invoicing.
- Engage with key stakeholders - operational and cross functional teams, supervisors, management and Senior Management to gain alignment and buy in to improvement opportunities.
- Working knowledge of facility designs and material handling equipment and multi-tier controls systems.
- Good track record of managing projects from design through to installation & commissioning on time and within budget.
- Ability to lead a multi skilled team, including Engineers/Technical staff, external suppliers, project team members and utilise limited resource effectively.
- Experience of developing and tracking budgets.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Auto Cad.
- Minimum of 5 years Engineering experience / Project Management.
- Some experience of managing small, multi skilled teams.
Please get in touch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org // drop me a call on 07825196051 !!