Salary £44,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Chris Ingman
Date posted 02 August 2022northern-west procurement-supply-chain/engineering 2022-08-02 2022-10-01 engineering Wythenshawe Greater Manchester GB M22 5XB GBP 44000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Job title: Business Intelligence Specialist Reporting to: Business Intelligence Manager Location: Trident 2, Manchester, with some domestic and international travel
The position – summary
We are a global manufacturing and engineering organisation undertaking a multi-year project to replace a variety of legacy systems with a single instance ERP solution, supported by a number of interfacing systems including a global data warehouse and BI front end for reporting and analysis.
This BI solution is fundamental in allowing us to understand and analyse business performance and to make informed decisions to drive the business forwards. This solution has grown significantly in recent years, to cover more geographical areas of the business, more source systems and more business functions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right person to help drive this solution forwards, to allow us to continue to grow and improve the solution and to react to queries, requests and projects in a timely manner.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with our colleagues in ERP Implementation, IT Support and with BI end users globally. We therefore need somebody who can build strong relationships, quickly and communicate clearly and confidently with a broad spectrum of customers, some of whom will not speak English as their first language.
This is a full stack role. At the back end, you will have a key part to play the maintenance and continued development of our data warehouse, its links to source systems and its robustness, accuracy and reliability. Meanwhile at the front end, you will need to understand, maintain and improve the reporting and analysis solutions that we deliver through Cognos Analytics.
We use an automation tool (Wherescape) for the development and maintenance of our data warehouse. This data warehouse provides our single version of the truth and all reporting and analysis feeds from it. Training will be provided on Wherescape itself but excellent SQL skills are a pre-requisite, alongside an understanding of ETL, star schemas and other data warehouse principles.
On the front end, again training will be provided on Cognos Analytics as required. We do however require a candidate with experience of working with at least one BI front end tool, developing and maintaining data models and building reports, dashboards and visualisations according to end user specifications. Experience using Cognos Analytics specifically would be a real benefit here but demonstrable, transferable skills from similar BI systems will be considered.
Based in our Manchester headquarters, the role may include some domestic and international travel from time to time. Home working for part of the week will be possible, at manager’s discretion, after an initial period of induction.
- Development of reports, models, tools and analyses according to business requirements
- Key member of the Business Systems team
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders throughout the business
- First point of call for queries, questions, requests etc from BI end users.
- Administration of BI Solution (security, licensing, scheduling etc)
- Training and workshops with end users
- Drive continual improvement in our BI solution. Initially as part of a formal review of everything that has been built, but subsequently and continuously seeking excellence in everything that we provide.
Required skills and experience
- Highly SQL literate
- Understanding of ETL, star schemas, the importance of a ‘single version of the truth’ and other data warehouse principals
- Demonstrable BI experience – ideally Cognos Analytics but can be from other, similar BI systems
- Analytical mind – the ability to digest a requirement, understand what is required, plan and execute a solution
- Experience of global ERP systems is a distinct advantage
- Demonstrate a starter-finisher approach to tasks – seeing activities through to completion; tenacious
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritise conflicting requirements and manage expectations effectively
- Ability to work with all levels of the business, and with both technical and non-technical staff. Credible and professional
- Methodical, highly organised and self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
- Articulate with good written and verbal communication skills, including with people for whom English is not their first language
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Resilient – the confidence and ability to properly evaluate a request and say no to something that does not fit.
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum + Excellent BenefitsLocation: City Of ManchesterDate posted: 11 August 2022We’ve recently partnered with a leading construction company in the UK. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join their Manchester team as a Buyer! As a Buyer you will manage procurement activities, utilise effective procurement techniques that deliver contract requirements at the lowest overall cost.
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 per annumLocation: ChesterDate posted: 03 August 2022A global manufacturing business based in the Chester area are looking for a Logistics Administrator to join their team. As Logistics Administrator you will be responsible for providing general administrative support to the supply chain & logistics teams, supporting with PO input and analysing data and spotting trends.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + Excellent BenefitsLocation: CheshireDate posted: 28 July 2022We’re currently working alongside a rapidly growing fashion and apparel business, based in Cheshire, who are looking for an experienced Merchandiser to join their team.
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 per annumLocation: FrodshamDate posted: 28 July 2022I'm currently recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer position with my global manufacturing client based in Cheshire that offers excellent flexible working
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 per annum + ExcellentLocation: CheshireDate posted: 27 July 2022A leading manufacturing business based in the Ellesmere Port area are looking for a Supply Planner to join their team.