Global Product Director
Salary £80,000 - £100,000 per annum + Exec package
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 04 September 20192019-09-04 2019-11-03 engineering Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 80000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A world leading manufacturing business is recruiting a Global Product Director, to join their leadership team based in their UK HQ in Birmingham.
As the Global Product Director, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead and manage all aspects of the product life cycle and to develop, manage and implement marketing strategies and programs to maximize growth and profitability for the products comprising an assigned product group with annual revenue greater than $300M.
- Conduct voice of the customer (VOC), primary and secondary research to facilitate development of product strategies, product plans, and identification of new products and services opportunities.
- Identify charter and lead strategy projects to evaluate and provide strategic direction for innovative growth opportunities that leverage technology trends (e.g. connectivity), market trends, and integrated solutions.
- Develop and maintain long term Technology Plans and Product Road Maps for assigned product lines.
- Lead all product marketing related activities and champion cross-functional activities to maximize overall product line performance including revenue growth, margin improvement, cost reduction, quality and delivery.
- Either personally or by guiding Product Managers, ensure completion and cross-functional consensus for Product Line Roadmaps
- Participate on cross-functional new product development teams. Lead all marketing aspects associated with the product definition, product development, pricing, market introduction, sales tools, and promotion plans.
- Working closely with Finance, lead development of the pro forma with complete financial analysis and sales forecast for all proposed new products.
- Develop the positioning strategy of all products and services considering price, volume, share and profitability.
- Conduct VOC to identify market requirements and trends to drive continuous improvements and to identify product enhancements opportunities. Ensures assigned products are responsive to market needs to maintain and/or improve market penetration and share position.
The ideal Global Product Director will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven skills in product marketing and product life-cycle management at a senior leadership level
- Proven ability to lead courageously, to drive large cross-functional teams to success in challenging situations.
- A track record in the development and launch of targeted products to market on a global scale
- A degree within Engineering would be highly advantageous
- Inspires trust and open communication amongst team members and peers.
- Proven ability to influence at all levels of the organization cross-functionally.
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret and draw meaningful and accurate conclusions from data.
- Proven ability to conduct complex financial analyses, to develop financial models and interpret P&L statements.
- An energetic, resourceful and hands-on individual with a strong bias for action, someone who commits himself/herself fully to stretch goals and who is dedicated to developing and delivering outstanding results.