Press Brake Setter
Salary £10 - £14 per hour
Consultant Tom Ranford
Date posted 10 July 20192019-07-10 2019-08-09 engineering Smethwick West Midlands GB GBP 10 14 14 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters are currently recruiting for a number of Press Brake Setter/Operators in the Birmingham area.
Our client is a UK Manufacturer of perforated metal, expanded metal and architectural metalwork fabrications. They are currently looking for a number of experienced Press Brake Setters and Operators.
Working on a weekly rotation shift pattern of 6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm your general day to day duties will be to set, operate and manufacture profiles using Press Brake’s utilising material cut from sheets for the best monetary return. Predominantly your working day will involve you to set operate and manufacture with the use of varying press brake machines steel and aluminium products for the building and construction sector.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Review due delivery dates and liaise with Lead Hand to ensure timely deliveries
- Frequently assess the progress on the section to ensure timely completion and advise production manager of any issues arising
- Prioritise work accordingly whilst taking an overview of upcoming work that may be arriving. Making sure material or tools are being used in the correct manner so as to have minimal disruption and down time.
- Read & Interpret bespoke / made to order pressed product drawings
- Set & Operate Press Brake machines (Bystronic & Edwards Pearson)
- Use of forklift trucks to move material
- Check / Inspect & Document Quality results to ensure products are manufactured correctly
- Work both individually and as a team dependant on the size of product required
- Adhere to company Quality Assurance standards and support continuous improvement steps
- Follow agreed packing specifications and make goods ready for despatch
- Understand and able to demonstrate key tool change requirements and basic machinery maintenance work
You will also be expected to have or be willing to work towards a Fotklift Truck licence, experience of welding and fabrication is also advantageous.
If you are interested in the position then please apply today or contact Tom Ranford on the Engineering team for more details.