Virtual Engineering Manager
Salary £43,000 - £53,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 19 October 2018 2018-10-192018-12-18 manufacturing-and-production UK
A leading Engineering Solutions business is recruiting a Virtual Engineering Manager to lead a high performing team of Technical Engineers and Specialists based in their Birmingham office.
About this Virtual Engineering Manager Role:
- Developing your team’s capabilities ensuring high-quality delivery on your teams projects whilst being sure to deliver the companies vision.
- Responsibility for delivering a portfolio of industry led projects and programs and representing the company with externals partners and organisations.
- Taking responsibility for the financial sustainability of the team, managing the budget and generating income from research projects.
- Working with clients and stakeholders to define key requirements on projects and confidently presenting new ideas and concepts to them.
- Identify systems process challenges and develop solutions accordingly and communicating the best practice methodologies to the team.
Key Skills and Knowledge for the Engineering Manager:
- Experience in leading a team of Specialist Engineers would be advantageous
- Confident in planning and delegating to a team of specialists
- A flexible approach to cope with frequent change and high pressure working
- Ability to provide technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects using MS Excel, AutoCAD, and MS Projects.
- Familiarity with creating and managing MBOM, Bill of Processes in DELMIA, Teamcenter, and Autodesk
- Familiarity with Digital Process Planning, cell/Line Simulation, factory design and ergonomics analysis
- Ability to build, simulate, and optimize all processes including inbound, order fulfilment, to outbound processes and deliveries using FlexSim, Witness, Demo 3D, AnyLogic or any other simulation software packages.
My client is a leading provider of innovative engineering solutions to some of the country’s premium blue chip manufacturing brands, helping them to bridge the gap between academia and industry. Their collaborative approach delivers leading edge research and technology, in all projects and programmes, deploying innovative technology and new processes. With the singular aim of improve the efficiency of UK and European manufacturers and their value chains.
As well as having the opportunity to work with some of the world’s elite brands and leading technologies, they offer a great working environment, with the package including a salary £43,000 - £53,000 p/a + additional competitive benefits.