Global Electrical Engineering Improvement Manager
Location Greater Manchester
Consultant Richard Lamplugh
Date posted 06 February 2017
As part of the group supply chain optimisation team, an Electrical Engineering Improvement Manager is required to join PZ Cussons in Manchester. You will lead, identify and deliver improvements to manufacturing sites across the PZ Group. Coach & support local engineering and production teams and manage centrally led capex projects. Identify best internal & external best practice & propose for implementation.
You will lead the PZ Cussons electrical improvement agenda, building systems and processes, then leading the implementation through the business units in the group, ensuring visible and sustainable results through a continuous improvement approach.
Primarily focus on delivering performance improvement in the areas of electrical engineering, compliance and standards, utilities operation, maintenance and 3rd party contract support across sites in Thailand, Indonesia and Nigeria.
- Develop the PZ Cussons Electrical improvement strategy and standards, supporting the sites in achieving these standards
- Ensure internal processes and legal compliance to all engineering standards are maintained, delivered and audited
- Develop and lead the PZC engineering group to ensure in particular compliance to electrical legislation and standards
- Facilitate project development, support and installation for all engineering compliance activities
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Electrical engineering qualification, degree or HND/equivalent after apprenticeship
- Certified to latest edition electrical regulations (UK/Europe)
- Project management experience (major projects)
- Preference for HV experience (ideally having previously being qualified as a site HV Authorised Person)
- Prepared to travel at least 30% of time to Asia and Africa (could be up to 50% of time for periods of commissioning)
- The ability to lead change with a positive and engaging approach with an enjoyment of identifying and developing talent
- Gravitas and personal credibility to interact at a senior level in a successful PLC environment
- Motivated to achieve performance and results through energy and drive whilst demonstrating resilience and self-belief in the face of opposition
- The ability to motivate and guide others to achieve set objectives by gaining commitment and providing direction and recognition
- Working cross functionally and with networks to deliver common objectives
- Communicates clearly, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing, sharing information with confidence, enthusiasm and with an impact that promotes understanding
PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world's best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, they operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Their world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable them to meet global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives. Brands range from Imperial Leather to Cussons Baby, Original Source, Morning Fresh to St. Tropez.
Please click to apply.