Senior Transport Manager
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum + car + package
Consultant Abdul Walid
Date posted 30 April 20192019-04-30 2019-06-29 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Buckinghamshire Buckinghamshire GB GBP 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A leading 3PL is recruiting a Senior Transport Manager to join their contract management team in the Buckinghamshire area.
The Senior Transport Manager will work as the contract lead for a multi-customer account across multiple sites. Key to this role is the management and maintenance of the customer contract, focusing on profitable business growth through effective management of the customer relationship.
You will look to maximise on profitability targets by enabling good profit reporting and control through the establishing of operational KPI’s. The role should maximise the weekly, monthly and annual performance of the site(s) by providing leadership, effective operational performance, a motivated workforce, succession planning and "making the business a great place to work". They should also aim to optimise driver and vehicle efficiency through careful planning of their delivery network.
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience in leading a busy and large-scale transport operation
- P&L management of customer contracts within a logistics operation
- Experienced Logistics professional, graduate or with relevant qualifications who has thorough understanding of Transport Operations
- Demonstrable experience of customer relationship management
- Has experience of transport networks, planning, modelling and solution design
- Holds CPC National and International
- Experience of efficiency savings and business growth
- Good financial and business acumen with experience of managing budgets
- Has good Project Management skills
My client is one of UK’s leading logistics services providers and are going through a busy period growth.