Senior IT Category Lead
Salary £80,000 - £950,000 per annum
Consultant Lee Carey
Date posted 09 April 20192019-04-09 2019-06-08 financial-services Cheshire Cheshire GB GBP 80000 950000 950000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
An excellent opportunity has arisen for my client who are looking for a Senior IT Category Lead to be based in their Head Office in the North West
Permanent role: Senior IT Category Lead
Location: North West
The Senior IT Lead will deliver of key procurement projects across the IT category space. You will work in an internal consultancy capacity, supporting various Stakeholders across multiple business units.
You will develop key supplier relationships, ensuring that critical suppliers are managed effectively both internally and externally in order to maximise business. This will also include supporting the Strategic and Preferred supplier programmes across the IT portfolio
Main Responsibilities for the Role will Include:
- Take the lead on the full procurement lifecycle for all IT and Technology projects.
- Become a pivotal player in a fast-paced, close-knit and highly functional Procurement team, being a Subject Matter Expert in all IT categories.
- Build strategic vendor partnerships with Software and Technology vendors.
- Create and implement new processes to help streamline the company's procurement function
- Analyse Spend Data: perform in-depth spend analysis across all IT categories.
- Analyse procurement practices and supplier risk: map and analyse the current commodity practices.
Develop sourcing plan
- Strong and effective decision-making capacity
- Effective at interpreting complex and multiple sources of information to make decisions
- Strong category management skills
- Highly effective collaboration skills
- Effective at influencing others, inc. executive Directors
- Expert knowledge of the IT market place and external best practices
If you are interested in the role "click" apply or contact Lee Carey for further information